Friday 27 April 2012

Thai Temple

I went with my uncle to the Thai Temple in Wimbledon last Sunday (22/04/12)...

My uncle was the man who basically got me into Photography as it was his D300 that inspired me to go shoot, and he was also the one who lent me his Nikon D90...

We decided a while back that once a month, we'd meet up to go shooting... Just to make more use of this incredibly expensive gear, and try keep it fun!

I watched this YouTube clip with Zack Arias from who was teaching at CreativeLive, and he defined the difference between an Amateur and a Professional as being that the Amateur enjoys Photography. Whereas the Professional is really stressed out and worrying about the perfect shot all the time.


But the point of this Blog was that I needed to just go out and shoot for me.

Whereas I do genuinely enjoy my work, and capturing images for people, I did start off by capturing images for myself, which I haven't done for a while (excluding Holiday lol).

So me and my uncle went to go look at the Thai Temple in Wimbledon, and see what we could capture.

Thankfully the sky was blue, and it did have some clouds to give it that slightly more interesting look rather than a plain blue sky...

Nikon D800 + 50mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4, ISO200, 1/1600sec


The above shot, I just saw a random statue under a tree. It didn't seem like a spot where I would expect to see such a thing, so I thought I'd take a picture of it. I wanted to put focus on one part of the image and blur out the rest... I just love the Bokeh from the 50mm f/1.4... It makes me wonder what the 85mm f/1.4 would be like............. I want! lol


Nikon D800 + 50mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4, ISO100, 1/3200sec


Nikon D800 + 14-24mm f/2.8 @ f/5.6, ISO200, 1/800sec


Not much to say about the above shots... I just saw, I liked, I clicked! lol...

@LeoHoangPhoto



No comments:

Post a Comment