Friday 20 April 2012

SLR Lounge

The other day I contacted Pye Jirsa, from SLR Lounge, to ask a question about their educational DVD for editing, as they have released tasters of what they do on YouTube, but I was looking to purchase their educational DVD to develop my editing skills.

Pye Jirsa is one of the photographers at "Lin & Jirsa" and they have produced some amazing work. Without a shadow of a doubt, they are definitely Photographers that I admire and respect.

Since I started shooting, which is just about over a year now (time flies), I have followed and studied various Photographers work.

I began working last year with David Sherjan, he employed me as an assistant/third shooter, and this was a big learning experience for me as it gave me an opportunity to watch an established Wedding Photographer at work. This is where I realised that Photography is so much more than just clicking a button. The amount of things a Wedding Photographer has to think about, I did not even comprehend before shooting that Wedding.

It goes for any type of shooting also, as you have to envision the final shot before pressing that shutter button.

When I began last year, a lot of googling, a lot of YouTubing, and a lot of trial and error...

Through my YouTubing, I discovered SLR Lounge's Channel, and found their website. In fact, the first website that I uploaded, I put together from using their template.

SLR Lounge is a great learning resource for Photography. I felt it was a great resource, not only because of the actual educational material they put out, but because I had seen the quality of the work that they produce for their clients, and it is stunning stuff.

I have regularly kept up to date with the tutorials, reviews and articles that they put out because I highly respect their opinion and style.

So when I mentioned to Pye that one of the videos he released on YouTube inspired me to edit my Hong Kong Peak image like this...



I was extremely honoured to hear that he liked the shot, and wanted to share it with the rest of the SLR Lounge Community.

The feedback I received from the facebook comments were also very positive, so I am actually feeling very proud of this image at the moment, and now that it has been SLR Lounge "Approved", I'm even more eager to get this printed on a Canvass for my room.


No comments:

Post a Comment