Wednesday 25 April 2012

Memorable Day...

I started Blogging as I wanted to share some thoughts about anything and everything Photography related...

I found myself talking constantly about Photography, to the point that I felt that friends of mine who weren't as passionate about Photography as I am, got bored of listening to a broken record player discussing apertures, ISO's, and various lenses that I want to buy lol...

Therefore this Blog I'm not if its relevant to the theme... but I suppose it's also a Photography diary somewhat...

It's a memorable day for me, well, yesterday was (24/04/12)... I officially handed in my notice to quit one of my day jobs :S

If you're reading this and wasn't aware... I've had two jobs for the past 3 and a bit years...

Finished University and still held onto my Part-Time job at HMV, taking care of their banking. Then I attained a job at a school as an ICT Technician. So for the past 3yrs I have worked 8am-4pm, and then an evening shift at HMV which could vary from 6pm-8pm depending on workload. Admittedly 6pm finishes were more common than the 8pm finishes, but they did happen! lol

Recently I've found HMV to be a bit draining, and really cut into day.

Since I started freelancing Photography, I technically now have 3 jobs.

I saying I heard from Will Smith really hit home...

"There is no reason for Plan B, as it only distracts for Plan A"...

I'm not quite ready to take the plunge and my Photography my sole income, but HMV was definitely a distraction in regards to time and energy.

So yesterday I officially handed in my notice and from May 28th, which is the last day, I will no longer be working the two jobs Mon-Fri, and I hope that the extra time will allow me to develop myself further as a Photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment