Friday 20 April 2012

Quick Edit

A fellow Photographer friend whom I met through Dom Bower's Photography Group on Facebook sent me a D700 RAW file.

I wanted to see a RAW from a D700, he wanted to see one from the D800, so we exchanged RAWs, just to see what they're like.

Yes! It's a very geeky thing to do... but I don't care lol...

Thought I'd give it a quick edit... it's weird, I needed a break from editing my most recent Wedding Shoot, and I decide to do what? Edit another picture :S...


D700 + 80-200mm f/2.8 @ f/3.5, ISO100, 1/250sec
This is the shot straight out of the camera.

It's weird editing an image which is not shot by you, as before you click the shutter button, you generally have an idea of what you're looking to achieve, unless it's an event shot which you catch emotions on the fly.

But for a setup shot like this, Danny Yau, the Photographer, obviously had a theme in mind and a final goal for his image.

Where his vision for this image will differ to mine, my vision for this image lead me to this edit...




I was tempted to kill the ambient light and have her on a black background... but if I did it via lightroom it would look too fake I feel... I would need to properly take this into Photoshop to remove her from this setting... But I think it's fine how it is...

I decreased the exposure on the right hand side of her face, smoothened out her skin a bit, and removed a few blemishes. I then warmed up the image by adjusting the White Balance and added Clarity and a touch of Saturation to her hair...


@LeoHoangPhoto



No comments:

Post a Comment