Thursday 22 March 2012

Kew Gardens

I shot at Kew Gardens last week during my week off work...

I had shot at Hampton Court Palace a few days beforehand and got some good flower shots, so I thought to myself, there's only one place that could top that... and that's Kew Gardens! However! I think I went at the wrong time of year or something... There was a mild moist breeze in the air and the flowers didn't look like they were full of life, nor were there many flowers around! Peak Summer time I'll go back for more...

Can't decide if whether I like the pictures from Hampton Court Palace more because I shot them first, or whether they are just better images...

With these shots I don't have to do too much to them, nor is there any hurry as they're for myself...

But they definitely do need to be colour corrected...

Before owning a DSLR, I would just shoot and upload to facebook or email to friends and not think nothing of it... But now I own a DSLR, and taking Photography a lot more seriously, I realise I cannot put out an image from my camera without colour correcting... as the images do come out of a DSLR really flat...

I am shooting RAW, so the camera isn't doing any processing within the camera... So with each image, I have to go through them and process them through Lightroom...


(Nikon D7000 + 70-200mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8, ISO100, 1/640sec)

As you can see the image seems fairly flat in terms of colour... properly exposed shot with no blown out highlights... but the colours just seem washed out and flat...


(Nikon D7000 + 70-200mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8, ISO100, 1/640sec)
(Lightroom w/Contrast, Black, Colour Saturation)


I literally increased the black levels and contrast... and then added some colour saturation with the greens and a hint of yellow.

It makes the image pop off the screen so much more...

As a Photographer, I would love to shoot more... but recently I've found I spend more time at my computer either trying to network, promote, learn, and edit... 


No comments:

Post a Comment